Monday, March 10, 2014

2 New Clean Recipes

I had fun cooking up a storm this weekend! I ventured out to try some new stuff and this is what we got!

Last nights dinner was: Vegetable Stir fry and chicken with quinoa

2 sliced yellow squash
2 sliced zucchini
1 sliced red onion
Throw it all in a pan with a little olive oil, a tbl sp of garlic and some Mrs Dash - stir fry it until squash and zucchini are soft.




Remove veggies from pan, add a couple spoons of coconut oil. Sprinkle chicken with salt pepper and a little Mrs Dash and cook for about 4 minutes on each side in the coconut oil. Serve with veggies and quinoa!! Yum!!!


I was feeling pretty good about this dish and the music was playing so I went ahead and made tonight's dinner as well! I call it Trick Spaghetti because I used to trick my boys all the time into eating it !! :) 

1 Large Spaghetti Squash
1 jar of sugar free/gluten free spaghetti sauce (I used pizza sauce)
1 lb ground turkey
1 tbl spoon of garlic
1 can of Rotel



Cut the squash in half and then clean out the center. Place in boiling water for 20 minutes. Scrape the squash out with a fork. It makes "noodles"!

Brown the turkey with the garlic. Drain. Add can of Rotel and sauce and cook on med heat for 5-7 minutes.

I served mine with socca (chick pea flat bread)... We really enjoyed it! 



Sorry I am not regaling you all with my tales of the day but it was a long one and I am just glad to be home! Love you all! God bless!!


~ Kelley 

No comments:

Post a Comment