Saturday, March 15, 2014

Time Marches On!

Well, it has been a little over 2 weeks since I started this journey to healthy eating and I am still loving it. I am learning more and more about food every day! I love knowing that the things I am eating are healthy and are making me stronger instead of making me sicker and fatter. 12 lbs down so far and more importantly, I feel better and sleep better than ever! 

Today's recipe was a challenge for me! I am one of those people who really do not like to cook meat. I get the eebie jeebies with the bones and all so I pretty much try to avoid it. I learned this week though that bone in meat is a heck of a lot cheaper and is usually a lot less processed. So.. I decided to try. Lunch came out great and my meat eating hubby LOVED being able to chew on the bones.. haha, gross huh!

This recipe is from Real Simple:

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/roasted-chicken-asparagus-00100000078535/

You can barely see my asparagus but it is there and it was yummy! I used coconut oil for this dish.



I also decided to put some rhyme and reason into my strength training routines. I try to lift on my off-run days but I have been kind of sporadic and not really focused. I found this workout and started Friday..it literally kicked my butt! I am sooo sore!! But I love it!! :)


Sadly, I am going to have to take a week or so off of running. I LOVE to run and I feel great while doing it but my right heel kills me for a day or two after running. So, I will do the elliptical and be happy and try to heal my poor heel! :( 

Anyway.. awesome week, sorry I didn't post more but I have been making variations of the same meals this week. Pat and I went to the farmers market today and got some Kale so I will see what kind of yumminess I can do with that.

Love you all.. .be blessed!

~Kelley



No comments:

Post a Comment