Friday, March 7, 2014

I am not ashamed.

As I was working out this morning, I was listening to my favorite music Lecrae and I was hit with a total realization that God has to be first in my life or none of this matters. I have had so many people show interest in my new lifestyle and as excited as I am to share my trials and success with all of that, I really want you all to know about the One who makes it possible. This is not a new concept to me but just like with all of you, I get sidetracked by my own will and my own desire and I forget to completely lean on the Holy Spirit and give all of my praises to Jesus. Romans 1:16 states "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to EVERYONE who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek." So before I tell you about my food diary or how awesome I feel, I need you to know that it is not by my strength that I am able to run, to go to school, to work, to be a mom and a wife, or to eat healthy. It is all by the power of Christ in me because I believe. I praise His name for allowing me a life I never could have dreamed of. I thank Him for each of you, friends and supporters, prayer warrior, and family. The Lord has given me "a people" and that is YOU. Thank you and may you be blessed!!

Here is a snippet of LeCrae's song "Background" which rings so true for me... over and over... 

Lecrae: Background
I had a dream that I was captain of my soul
I was master of my fate, lost control, and then I sank
So I don't want to take the lead, 'cause I'm prone to make mistakes
All these folks who follow me, gon' end up in the wrong place
So let me just shadow you, let me trace your lines
Matter of fact, just take my pen, here, you create my rhymes
'Cause if I do this by myself, I'm scared that I'll succeed
And no longer trust in you, 'cause I only trust in me
And see, that's how you end up headed to destruction
Paving a road to nowhere, pour your life out for nothing
You pulled my card, I'm bluffing, You know what's in my hand
Me, I just roll and trust you, You cause the dice to land
I'm in control of nothing, follow you at any cost
Some call it sovereign will, all I know is you the boss
Man, I'm so at ease, I'm so content
I'll play the background, like it's an instrument


If you need some music to get you pumped for God.. .download Lecrae.. wow.. awesome!


OK... Food Time!


So this past couple of weeks eating clean has been amazing. I have had my days where I felt like I was coming off of some hard core drugs but the fog has lifted and I am feeling really amazing today. My headache is finally gone and I have so much energy! Praise God!!!

I am really just an average cook but I believe God has given me a real desire to experiment with natural foods and make things from scratch! I am still trying to stick with less than 8 ingredients because I get nervous but so far all of the food has been wonderful! If I had to eat cold salad with tuna and chicken every day for the rest of my life I think I would just choose to remain overweight and forget my fitness goals! Thank God, we can cook those salads a million different ways and prepare meats that are not completely boring!

Props to a few of my new favorite blog chefs!!! 

Beth Dunnavant https://www.facebook.com/PrimalBytes

Lori and Michellehttp://www.purelytwins.com/

Elanahttp://www.elanaspantry.com/

Check them out!!!

So far, chicken salad made with gluten free mayo and served on Socca (recipe by purelytwins) is our favorite lunch!




We have also learned that mixing spinach in your pan for just a minute or so after cooking meat and onions makes everything taste better! :) 


Turkey Sausage, Red Onions, Spinach, Mrs. Dash


Grilled Chicken, Red Onions, Spinach Mrs. Dash



Right now I am still drinking a protein shake once or twice a day but hopefully someday I will get savvy enough to combine my foods in such a way that I wont need to do that. All proteins shakes are NOT created Equal so make sure you watch for sugars and other unwanted things. I love Jay Robb's shakes. They are Gluten free and are only sweetened with Stevia! Yum!!


Anyway... As I try new things I will keep posting and hopefully some of you will share your story as well! I am an ALL IN kind of girl, so if I like something I pretty much go all the way so your journey may be less intolerant than mine... COOL! Do what works for you but most importantly, remember to pray, to Thank God that we have so many options and to be grateful for where He has us now. 

Love you!!! 

Kelley







No comments:

Post a Comment