Monday, March 31, 2014

A day in the life....

I have had so many people ask what exactly I DO eat so I decided to do a post with a whole days worth of my food.

So right after I wake up, I have started drinking a serving of Spark. This has replaced my morning coffee and it wakes me up so FAST!!


Then we go to the gym and do our work out or I go for a run. As soon as I get home I make us a protein shake. I like to make it in the blender with almond milk and I add about 10 strawberries. 2 scoops of protein since Pat and I are both having one. Occasionally I will add a banana but I try not to have too many of those because of sugar content.


After my shake I take my morning vitamins. Vitamin D because I don't do dairy, super cleanse to keep me regular and I love Spirulina and Digestive Enzymes (not pictured) after each meal! These all keep my body zipping right along!!


Once I get to work I like to have 2 hard boiled eggs. I usually finish them by around 9:30 and that carries me to lunch at 12.


For lunch I either have a chicken socca sandwich with spinach on it or I like a spinach salad with strawberries, almond slivers and chicken salad. 


I use 1 cup of Bob's Red Mill garbanzo bean flour, 1 cup of water and 1.5 Tblsp of Olive oil with whatever spices I feel like throwing in to make Socca. Cook it just like a pancake. This makes 6 pieces in my small frying pan.  Then I mix up a can of chunk chicken in water (I know... better if I cook it myself) with Earth Balance "mayo" and stone ground mustard. 


Comes out wonderful!! 

Between lunch and dinner I no longer get hungry so if I want something besides water, I will have another bottle of Spark. Spark is wonderful for a quick burst of energy. 


Dinner is always some sort of meat, quinoa and a vegetable. 
 ~Baked Fish 

 ~Turkey Meatballs

I don't really snack anymore but if I am wanting something sweet, I either have a protein shake with fruit or some SoDelicious Almond milk ice cream. I am trying to keep the ice cream down to once a week! 

Before bed I take 2 more Super Cleanse and get some GOOD sleep! :)

Well that's my day.. I hope this helps answer some of the questions. Just so you know, I pray every day that the Lord will use this journey to draw people to Him in whatever way is His will. I am so glad to answer questions and help any of you on your own path! Be blessed and have a wonderful week!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment